Certified Floor Inspector
126 Kipp Avenue Hasbrouck Heights
- Mobile: 201-446-7459
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer Reviewed by his fellow inspectors and found to be a man of good character, judgement and honest in our trade. His is knowledgable and trustworthy. By his Peers, Don Sgroi has been found to be worthy of the Peer Reviewed Status as one of the Flooring Inspectors Trade Leading Inspectors.
Dependable Inspection Service is a certified floor covering Inspection Company providing investigation
and analysis of floor covering problems and failures.
We offer consulting, inspections and testing for the following floor coverings:
- Pre-Finished Engineered Flooring
- Vinyl Planks & Sheet Goods
- Laminate Flooring
- Ceramic Tile and Stone
- Concrete Moisture Vapor Emissions Testing of Concrete.
Dependable Inspections specializes inproviding answers and solutions for numerous floor covering related problems. We are able to provide answers to your questions due to our specialized education and training.
An inspector becomes certified upon meeting stringent requirements, which include industry experience, participating in a required training program and passing many rigorous tests.
Don Sgroi is a certified inspector with certifications from:
- The (NWFA) National Wood Floor Association
- (IICRC) The Institute of Inspection Certification and Restoration
- (NFIC) Natural Fibers Certified Inspector
- (FCITS) Floor Covering Inspector Training Services
- IFCI Institute for FloorCovering Inspectors.
- These are manufacturer’s most recognized certification bodies.
Don has many years of industry experience beyond that required for certification and continues to improve his education through Continuing Education Classes (CEC),research, attending industry seminars and reading trade journals.
If you have been unsuccessful at getting your floor-covering problem resolved, contact Don and discover a new level of professionalism and unbiased analysis not previously experienced. Dependable Floor Inspections can provide the answer(s) to your floor inspection, analysis and consulting needs.
A good floor inspector is the “eyes and ears” of the industry. An unbiased, objective, honest, third party whose job it is to look at floor covering problems big and small, and determine the true basis for the claim against the liable party.
Don worked fifty plus years in floor covering. Approximately 40 years installing floor coverings and 10 years in sales. Employed as cabinet maker from 1964 to 1973. During these same years Don also worked installing all types of hardwood flooring. From 1974 to 1989 owned and operated floor covering retail stores.
He returned to installing wood flooring from 1990 to 1997. In 1998, Don began his certified inspection career. While working as an inspector in the years 1997 to 2001 Don also worked for Pergo as a trainer for their laminate Certified Installer program and currently still works for them on a third party basis when needed.
Don attended and graduated North Bergen High School and attended two years community college.
As a cabinetmaker, he worked for four years of cabinetmaker's apprenticeship with the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America.
- IICRC CERTIFIED SENIOR CARPET
- INSPECTOR IICRC CERTIFIED Carpet Cleaner
- IICRC CERTIFIED SUBSTRATE INSPECTOR
- NATIONAL WOOD FLOOR ASSOCIATION Certified Inspector
- FCITS CERTIFIED Carpet Inspector
- FCITS CERTIFIED Hard Surface Inspector
- IICRC CERTIFIED Spot Repair Technician
- IICRC CERTIFIED Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- FCITS CERTIFIED Woven Carpet Inspector
- NFIC Natural Fibers Carpet Inspector
- IFCI Certified Luxury Vinyl Inspector
- PERGO-TRAINED AND CERTIFIED ENDORSED INSTALLER Nov 1997
- PERGO- TRAINED AND CERTIFIED MASTER INSTALLER April 1999
- ARDEX -SYSTEM ONE TRAINED ON SELF LEVELING PATCH
- NATIONAL WOOD FLOOR- CERTIFIED INSPECTOR
- MOHAWK-WOOD TOUCH UP Sept 2008
- HOWARD BRINKMAN'S - ADVANCED WOOD TRAINING CLASS
- NORTH AMERICAN LAMINATE FLOOR CERTIFIED INSTALLER Sept 2008
- IICRC-CARPET REPAIR & REINSTALLATION TECHNICITIAN Feb 2009
- IICRC-SENIOR CARPET INSPECTOR Feb 2009
- FCITS-WOVEN CARPET CERTIFICATION AUG 2009
- L&N training 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Armstrong Hard surface Training 2009
- North Carolina State University Wood Training Seminar, March 2010
- NWFA Wood Symposium, March 2010
- IICRC Water Damage Restoration Course August 2010
- North Carolina State University Engineered Wood Seminar, October 2010
- Natural Fiber Installer Training Class May 2012
- Floor Inspectors Educational Guild Training August 2013
- Floor Inspectors Educational Guild Training August 2014 & February 2010
- Armstrong Hard surface Training 2014
- Flooring Guild Resilient Technical Seminar March 2015
- NWFA Wood Symposium, March 2016
- Virginia Tech Wood Science Training Class June 2016
- NWFA member of the Task Force assigned to rewrite the new addition of
- NWFA member of the Task Force assigned to rewrite the third edition of PROBLEMS CAUSES & CURES July 2017 through February 2018.
- NWFA member of the Task Force assigned to review the NAIL DOWN section of the of the 2019 Installation Guide.
- WFCA-World Floor Covering Association
- NICFI-National Institute of Certified Floor Covering Inspectors
- NWFA-National Floor Covering Association
- IICRC-Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Services
- FCITS-Floor Covering Inspectors Training Services
- NFIC-Natural Fibers Inspector Certified IFCI Certified Luxury Vinyl Inspector
COMMERCIAL INSPECTIONS - just a small percentage of commercial inspections performed.
- Picatinny Arsenal, US Government Picatinny ,NJ 2005
- Daffy Dan's Clothing Stores Paramus, NJ 2007
- Wachovia Bank Weehawken ,NJ 2007
- GAP Clothing Store New York, NY 2008
- TOYS R US Totowa, NJ 2009
- Mc Donald's Howard Beach ,NY 2010
- Moses Taylor Hospital Scranton, PA 2010
- New Baptist Church Somerville, NJ 2011
- Episcopal Church, Bronx, NY 2011
- St. Raphael Hospital New Haven, Ct 2011
- West 123 LLC, New York, NY 2013
- Maridia Corp. Hackensack, NJ, 2013
- Central Jersey Bank Belmar, NJ 2013
- Sacred Heart Church Little Falls, NJ 2014
- Distinta Theaters New Windsor, NY 2015
- North Flats LLC Brooklyn, NY 2015
- Maridia Corp Hackensack, NJ 2015
- Brooklyn Construction Corp, NY 2016